Fura da nono: This is made from ground millet and cow milk. It is a traditional Nigerian beverage. It is prepared by soaking the grain, then ground into a paste, and boiled with water to create a thick porridge-like drink. You can also flavored it with ingredients such as ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and sugar. The finished product is traditionally consumed for breakfast or as a snack, and can be served warm or cold.
- It is rich in fiber and protein, which can aid digestion and help keep you feeling full.
- The grains used in fura da nono are rich in vitamins and minerals like iron, zinc, and B vitamins, which are important for overall health.
- The ginger and other spices used in the drink have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which may help reduce inflammation and protect against oxidative stress.
- It is a traditional food in many parts of Nigeria and has cultural and social significance.
- It is a natural source of probiotics, which can support gut health and improve digestion.
- The calcium in the grains may help support bone health and reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- The magnesium in the grains can help regulate blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- The fiber in the grains may help regulate blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.