Pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, are popular edible seeds that people can add to their salad and nut seeds, they are small, flat seeds that are found inside pumpkins. They comes in green or white and have a mild, nutty flavor. They are rich in fiber, healthy fats and protein, they contains alots of minerals, including iron, zinc, and magnesium phytochemicals and antioxidants which may have beneficial effects on overall health. They are also naturally gluten-free and can be a good option for those with certain food allergies or sensitivities.
Health Benefits Of Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seeds are a good source of plant-based protein, making them a good option for those following a vegan or vegetarian diet.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in fiber, which can help with digestion and may also promote feelings of fullness, which may help in weight loss management.
- They have different types of minerals that are important for overall health, including magnesium, iron, and zinc. Magnesium is particularly important for maintaining healthy blood pressure and preventing muscle cramps.
- They are good source of antioxidants, which may protect against diseases like cancer and heart disease.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in phytosterols, which may help to lower cholesterol levels.
- Pumpkin seeds contain lignans, which are a type of phytoestrogen that may have a protective effect against some types of cancer.
- They are also thought to be beneficial for men’s health, as they may help to support prostate health and may also increase testosterone levels.
- They are rich in tryptophan, an amino acid that may help to promote sleep.