Apricots are also known as Armenian plums. It is a stone fruit that belongs to the same family as peaches and plums. They are very soft, have velvety skin and a juicy, fleshy inside. It is golden orange in color and has a sweet, slightly tart flavor. They are rich in vitamins A and C, as well as fiber, potassium, and iron. They have numerous health benefits, including reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer, and improving digestion. It can be eaten fresh or when dried. It can be used in cooking and baking.
Health Benefits Of Apricot
- They are rich in antioxidants, which can help protect against free radicals and oxidative stress.
- They contains potassium, which can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- They contains beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the body and is very important for eye health
- They contains high level of vitamin C, which is important for immune function and cell repair.
- They are rich in fiber, which can aid digestion and promote gut health.
- Apricot are good source of boron, which can help strengthened our bone health
- They are good source of copper, which is important in red blood cells production.
- They have low calories but high in nutrients, making them a good choice for weight loss.
- It may help to improve cognitive function and protect against Alzheimer’s disease.