Some plants can release oxygen at night, and they are sometimes called “oxygenating plants.” These plants are able to take in carbon dioxide and release oxygen through photosynthesis. Some common plants that release oxygen at night are peace lilies, spider plants, and snake plants. They help increase oxygen level, remove toxins from the air and improve the quality of the air. Having some of these plants in your home can be beneficial for your health and well-being.
So, it is important to add a little greenery to your home in other to boost your air quality and oxygen levels, here are some of the best plants you can choose.
- Peace lilies: peace lilies are beautiful white flowers and also have the ability to improve air quality. They remove toxins from the air such as formaldehyde and benzene from the air, and they release oxygen at night.
- Spider plants: spider plants are thin leaves that can help remove toxins in your home. They are easy to care for and can tolerate low light conditions.
- Snake plants: snake plants are also called “mother-in-law’s tongue,” these plants are very easy to care for and require little maintenance. It helps remove toxins from the air and release oxygen at night.
- Pothos plants: pothos plant can thrive in low light and only need to be watered about once a week. It can also help remove toxins from the air and release oxygen at night.
- Aloe vera plant can release oxygen at night, it also help to heal minor cuts and burns. It also likes bright, indirect light.
- Areca palm. This plant is great for purifying the air and releasing oxygen at night. It’s a tropical plant, so it likes warm, humid environments.
Aloe vera plant