Garri is made from cassava, it is a popular West African food made from cassava root. To make garri, the cassava root should be well dried, ground into flour, and then formed into a granular consistency. You can enjoy it in different ways, such as soaked in water to make a porridge-like consistency, fried into a dough-like consistency, or added to soups and stews. West Africans likes it because of its comfortability, It is rich in carbohydrates, and it is relatively inexpensive and easy to prepare.
Benefits Of Garri
- Garri is rich in fiber, which can aid in digestion and help maintain a healthy gut.
- It is rich in vitamin C, which is important for immunity.
- Garri is low in fat and calories, making it a good choice for those watching their weight.
- Garri is complex in carbohydrate, that is, it provides a steady source of energy throughout the day.
- Garri is gluten-free, making it a good option for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- It is very less expensive and eat to make.