Corn is a cereal grain that is planted all over the world. You can eat it fresh, off the cob Or in products like cereal, grits. It belongs to a grass family and is originated from Mexico. Corn is now a staple food in many cultures, it can be used in a wide variety of dishes.
Corn is a nutritious foods that contains alots of health benefits. It contains a lots of insoluble fiber, making it a low-glycemic index food. Which means it has to be digested slowly so as not to cause a sudden, unhealthy spike in your blood sugar.
Health Benefits Of Corn
- Corn is rich in dietary fiber that can help to keep the digestive system healthy.
- Corn is rich in vitamin C, which is important for the immune system.
- It is a good source of folate, which is important for fetal development.
- It is rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect against diseases like heart disease and cancer.
- It has some phytochemicals that may be of health benefits, such as carotenoids which are antioxidants that may help to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
- It also contains saponins, which may help to reduce cholesterol levels.
- It contains zeaxanthin, an antioxidant that may help to protect the eyes from damage.
Overall, corn can be a healthy addition to a well-balanced diet.