Pawpaw seeds are small, dark brown, and oval-shaped. They are edible and contain fiber, healthy fatty acids, and other beneficial compounds, including polyphenols and flavonoids. They are removed from the fruit before eating because they can be bitter and hard to digest. However, pawpaw seeds have been traditionally used for their medicinal properties.
Health Benefits Of Pawpaw seeds
- Pawpaw seeds has potential health benefits that may help to improve heart health by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Pawpaw seeds may help to boost the immune system and protect against free radical damage.
- It may have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that can help to protect against infections and disease.
- They are good source of dietary fiber, which can help to support digestive health.
- In as much as It have potential health benefits, it should be consumed in moderation, because they also contain a compound called anacardic acid, which can cause an upset stomach in some people.
- It should be avoided by those with a history of kidney disease, as they may contain a high amount of oxalates, which can cause kidney damage.
- Please consult a healthcare professional before adding any new supplements or foods to your diet. It is very important.