Cordyceps are a type of medicinal mushroom that has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine, it grows on the larva of catapillars. They derived their name from the fungus Cordyceps sinensis, they are known for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, and they have been used to treat fatigue, liver disease as well as cancer. It is even believe to boost athletic performance.
Health Benefits Of Cordyceps
- Cordyceps may help boost your immune system.
- Cordyceps may helps fight respiratory infections.
- Cordyceps may helps increase libido.
- It can be used in weight loss management, diabetes, and neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s disease.
- May Improve Athletic Performance: it helps athletic performance by improving blood flow, increasing oxygen utilization, and functioning as an antioxidants
- It may help Reduce Inflammation
- It has an anti-Tumor Effects: compounds in cordyceps may help treat cancer.
It will be unlikely to be toxic to the body, When consumed as recommended, However, there are no human studies to establish the safety of cordyceps.
People that has auto-immune diseases such as lupus, multiple sclerosis or rheumatoid arthritis should avoid cordyceps unless otherwise advised by a healthcare provider.