A bloated stomach refers to a feeling of fullness, pressure, or tightness in the stomach, it usually comes alongside with abdominal pain and gassiness. Bloating can happen for different reasons like eating too much or too fast, swallowing air, drinking carbonated beverages, stress, irritable bowel syndrome, or food intolerances. Hormonal changes can also cause a bloated Stomach during the menstrual cycle. Most conditions maybe mild and temporary, but if it persists or it comes with other symptoms, then there is the need to see a doctor. In other to rule out any underlying medical conditions.
If you do not get enough fiber it could cause food to travel inefficiently through your digestive system.
Bloating can be a symptom of a more serious condition such as irritable bowel syndrome.
There are different ways to reduce a bloated Stomach such as;
- Eat portion smaller and let it be more frequent meals rather than three large meals.
- Do not chew gun because, it can cause you to swallow excess air.
- Do not eat quickly and try to relax while eating.
- Carbonated drinks, foods that are high in sodium as well as sugar should be reduced.
- Do not eat foods that cause gas, like beans, broccoli, and cabbage.
- Drink plenty of water and herbal teas to help with digestion.
- Exercise regularly, this will help with digestion.