Erythritol is a type of sugar alcohol commonly added to sugar-free products, Eating a large amount of it may cause digestive issues, such as nausea. It is used as a blood sugar-friendly alternative to table sugar in foods and drinks.
It is a naturally occurring compound that is found in fruits and vegetables like grapes, melons, and mushrooms. It is also produced commercially by fermentation. It is safe for consumption and has low calory content..
Health Benefits Of Erythritol
- It is a low calories sweetener which means, it can help reduce calorie intake and aid in weight loss.
- Erythritol it does not cause the blood sugar spikes that regular sugar does, it is a good option for people with diabetes.
- It is a non-fermentable which means, it does not cause gastrointestinal issues like other sugar alcohols can.
- It has prebiotic effects which means, it can help to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- It contains high level of antioxidant properties that can help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- It may have anti-inflammatory properties, which could potentially help to reduce inflammation in the body.
- It has been shown to have antimicrobial effects which means, it may help to kill off harmful bacteria.