There is a need to choose fruits that are low in sugar, if you are monitoring your sugar intake. There are several fruits that are low in sugar that you can add in your diet.
Low sugar fruits includes
Some of the fruits that are low in sugar include:
- Lemons: it has about 2 grams of sugar per fruit, making them a low-sugar option.
- Limes: This is also a low-sugar fruit, with only about 2 grams of sugar per fruit.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are often classified as a fruit, and they contain very little sugar.
- Avocados: These are also considered a fruit, and they have a very low sugar content.
- Rhubarb: is a unique type of fruit that contains very little sugar.
- Kiwi: This also contain about 5 grams of sugar per fruit, making them a good option for those looking to limit their sugar intake.
- Cucumbers: This is a vegetable, cucumbers have a similar nutrient profile to fruit and are very low in sugar.
- Zucchini: Like cucumbers, zucchini is technically a vegetable, but it is low in sugar and can be eaten like a fruit.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is high in vitamins and minerals, and it contains only about 1 gram of sugar per cup.
- Spinach: Spinach is another nutrient-rich vegetable that is low in sugar. A cup of spinach has less than 1 gram of sugar.
- Kale: Kale is a superfood that is packed with nutrients, and it also has very little sugar. A cup of kale has only about 1 gram of sugar.