In other to keep our blood sugar levels within a normal range, it is important to eat food that are low in sugar because if your blood sugar levels is high it can lead to health problems. High blood sugar, or hyperglycemia, can cause damage to the body’s organs, such as heart, eyes, and kidneys. It can also lead to a condition called ketoacidosis, which is a serious and potentially life-threatening complication of diabetes. If blood sugar levels is high, it can cause fatigue, headaches, and irritability. For these reasons, it is important to manage blood sugar levels carefully and avoid spikes whenever possible.
We have a lots of Foods that are low in sugar level and high in fiber and protein, which can help keep blood sugar levels stable and prevent spikes. Such as;
- Oatmeal: This is a whole grain that contains high level of fiber and can help slow down digestion and prevent blood sugar spikes.
- Greek yogurt: This is high in protein and can help keep you full and satisfied. It is also lower in sugar than regular yogurt.
- Apples: This is a good source of fiber and it has pectin, which can help slow the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream.
- Sweet potatoes: This is a complex carbohydrate that is slowly digested and can help keep blood sugar levels stable.
- Beans: This is very rich in protein and fiber, and they can help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Nuts: Nuts like almonds, pistachios, and walnuts are very high in protein, healthy fats, and fiber which can help keep you full and satisfied.
- Avocados: avocados are good sources of healthy fats and fiber, and they can help stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Cucumbers: This is very low in calories and contain very little sugar, making them a great snack for people looking to keep their blood sugar levels stable.
- Cauliflower: is a cruciferous vegetable that is low in calories and sugar, and it is high in fiber and other nutrients that can help regulate blood sugar levels.