Turmeric is a spice that comes from the Curcuma longa plantis. It is a colored spice used in Indian cuisine for traditional purposes. It has a bright yellow color and a warm, slightly bitter flavor. Tumeric have an active ingredient which is called curcumin, which has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Curcumin has been studied for its potential to reduce pain and improve mobility in people with arthritis. It has also been shown to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. It has been linked to improved brain function, mood, and memory. Some people even use turmeric as a natural remedy for depression and anxiety. Isn’t that wonderful!
Health Benefits Of Tumeric
- Tumeric has also been shown to improve gut health and protect against certain cancers.
- Tumeric has been linked to improved liver function, reduced joint pain, and reduced symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
- It can be used as natural remedy for acne and other skin conditions.
- Turmeric is also a powerful anti-inflammatory, and it has been shown to reduce swelling and pain in people with arthritis.
- Turmeric is a good source of antioxidants that can help protect against cellular damage and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Turmeric has been shown to boost brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a protein that promotes the growth of new neurons and synapses in the brain which can improve memory, focus, and cognitive function.
- It improved blood sugar control and a reduced risk of diabetes.
- Turmeric has been shown to increase levels of serotonin and dopamine, two neurotransmitters that play a role in mood regulation.
- Turmeric may also have anti-aging effects which can help improve eye health.