Elderberry is a small, dark purple berry that grows on the elder tree. It is one of the most common medicinal plants in the world. It can be used in traditional medicine, it is high in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Elderberries helps boost the immune system and may even help fight the common cold and flu. You can eat it raw but they are often cooked down into a syrup or made into elderberry tea. It is made inform of pill which can be use as supplements. Elderberries have a tart, slightly sweet flavor that goes well with many other fruits.
Health Benefits Of Elderberry
- Elderberries are high in antioxidants, which can help fight inflammation, reduce cholesterol levels and can protect the body against some certain cancer.
- They are high vitamin C content which help boast the immune system and can shorten the length of a cold.
- Elderberries are also a good source of fiber, which can help with digestion and may even reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Elderberries have antiviral properties that may help fight off the flu and other viruses.
- It helps to improve cognitive function, reduce depression and anxiety, and even prevent age-related brain diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- It contains anti-aging properties, because of their high levels of antioxidants.
- It is beneficial for skin health, and some people even use them in homemade beauty products.