Oregano oil, is made from the leaves of oregano plant. To prepare oregano oil, manufacturers extract valuable compounds from the plant using alcohol, Oregano oil can be consumed orally as a supplement. It is a good source of antioxidants and other beneficial compounds, including carvacrol, thymol, and rosmarinic acid. These compounds are thought to have antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties. Oregano oil can be used for different kind of ailments. Modern research has confirmed some of its health benefits, including its ability to fight infection and improve gut health. It’s also believed to have the potential to reduce pain, lower blood sugar levels, and improve heart health.
How To Take It
It can be taken orally inform of supplements, because some of them comes inform of soft gel or capsules which contains concentrated dose of the oil.
It can be applied topically on the skin, This can be done by mixing the oil with a carrier oil like coconut or jojoba oil, or by using an oregano oil cream or lotion
It can be used as aromatherapy oil by adding a few drops to a diffuser.
Health Benefits Of Oregano Oil
- Oregano oil is effective against a wide range of bacteria such as viruses, and fungi which makes it a potentially effective natural remedy for a number of infections such as respiratory infections, skin infections, and fungal infections.
- Oregano oil is a good source of antioxidant properties that may help reduce inflammation and damage from free radicals.
- Oregano oil can boost immune function, relieve pain.
- It can also improve heart health.
- It might improve mood
- Oregano oil has long been used in traditional medicine to treat respiratory conditions, including asthma cough.
Side Effects of Oregano oil
- Abdominal pain
- Dizziness in