Orange juice is the most popular beverage made from the juice of oranges, It is concentrated and source of several health-promoting nutrients such as folate, and potassium and thiamin. Orange juice can come in a variety of forms, including from concentrate, not from concentrate, and pulp-free. Orange juice is use for recipes and it can also be enjoyed on its own for refreshments. The acidity in orange juice can also be used to tenderize meat. And some people claim that orange juice can help with digestion and detoxification.
Health Benefits Of Orange juice
- Orange juice is high in vitamin C which can help boost immune health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin C in orange juice helps in wound healing and collagen production.
- Orange juice is also a good source of folate, a B-vitamin which is important for heart health and brain function.
- Orange juice contains potassium which help in lower blood pressure.
- Orange juice contains vitamin A which is important for eye and skin health.
- Orange juice is a good source of antioxidants that help protect against free radical damage and may reduce the risk of some chronic diseases.
- Orange juice has phytochemicals such as hesperidin, that have anti-cancer properties.
- It also helps reduce the risk of kidney stones because the citrate in orange juice binds to calcium to prevent it from forming kidney stones.
- It is high in flavonoids which may help improve brain health and reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- It can also be a good source of hydration, as it contains water and electrolytes like potassium and sodium.