Cream cheese is a smooth, spreadable cheese from cow milk. It is prepared by heating and acidifying the milk, this will make the curds to separate from the whey. Then press the curds and add salt, you can add ingredients like cream for smooth texture.
Cream cheese can be made from whole milk, low-fat milk, or no-fat milk. There are also a variety of flavored cream cheeses, like strawberry and chive. Cream cheese has a slightly sweet flavor and is commonly used as a spread or filling in baked goods and desserts.
Nutritional facts about Cream cheese are;
- Calories has 50.8
- Fat has 5g
- Sodium has 46.5mg
- Carbohydrates has 0.8g
- Fiber has 0g
- Sugars has 0.5g
- Protein has 0.9g
- Vitamin A has 44.7mcg
- Choline has 3.9mg
- Vitamin E has 0.1mg
Health Benefits Of Cream cheese
- It helps in supporting heart health, digestive health, and weight management.
- It is rich in calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin A which are important for bone health.
- Cream cheese also contains probiotics that can help in maintaining a healthy balance of gut bacteria.
- Cream cheese has fat that can help slow down the absorption of carbohydrates that may help in regulating blood sugar levels.
- cream cheese has low calories which is good for weight management.
- Cream cheese is a good source of vitamins A.